Thursday, February 3, 2011

Colder Than a Witch's Tit

Here in the beautiful state of Colorado an arctic cold front has been wreaking havoc. Apparently, when it is colder than Hitler's heart chambers, anyone with a pulse shrivels up into a fetal position and complains. Or drives their car to unnecessary places and causes a semi to jack-knife.... I am in the former category. Please feel free to shrivel up and commiserate.

I stink like a sailor returning from Saigon- minus the crabs.

How did I get to this point? Oh yeah, my pipes are frozen because I did not head the advice of my 83 year old grandmother-in-law to let my faucets drip.

This all started last night when I did not take advantage of my quickly freezing running water. I figured that because my pipes had not yet frozen in the colder-than-Walt-Disney's-cryogenically-frozen-body temperatures, then there was no reason to drive myself slowly insane by letting my faucets drip.... drip.... drip.... drip.... all night.

I figured I would just shower in the morning when my husband got home from work, because he is a saint and watches the baby we nanny on the weekdays in addition to our own one year old after a twelve hour physically draining shift so I can shower. And, I know what you're all thinking, "no worries! You can make it another day, just go a little nuts with the Secret." Well I had that same idea! Two days ago....

So, as you can imagine and only my husband and poor son can really attest to: I am ripe for the picking. My son's eyes well up when he nurses, and I don't think it's because he is touched by the beauty of the moment. Usually, I shower every two days because my skin is so dry that if I shower daily that it will stretch so tight that I look like I've had a face lift. This may work to my advantage when I hit my sixties but I plan on keeping that one up my sleeve for a good 35 years. Also my hair is thin and curly so if I water it every day, I end up resembling my wise-old-water-dripping-my-pipes-didn't-freeze 83 year old grandmother-in-law after she's had her hair set. Another trick I plan on saving for my sixties (or forties).

Thank Costco for bulk baby wipes.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley,
    You are one funny chickie :) and I totally agree with the dry skin bit. Gotta keep the oil on the skin and not let it wash down the drain.

    ps: I let the water drip since I am the mom of a plumber.

    pps: My dad would say it was "colder than a well diggers ankles in the middle of January" or some such

    ReplyDelete